Kitten Palooza is the kitten adoption event of the year! This annual event was held June 22, 2019.
On June 22, 2019, more than 300 visitors stopped by Cat Adoption Team’s annual Kitten Palooza adoption event. By the end of the day, 101 kittens and 12 cats were adopted to loving new families!
Thank you to everyone who helped make this event possible! If you adopted at the event, be sure to check out our resources for Recent Adopters. To see photos from the event, visit our Kitten Palooza 2019 Photo Gallery.
About Kitten Palooza
When: June 22, 2019 – 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Where: CAT’s Sherwood Shelter – 14175 SW Galbreath Dr – Sherwood, OR 97140
• More than 100 kittens (and cats) for adoption!
• Games and activities
• Vendor booths
• Food for sale from Grandma’s Spot and Howe’s Ice Cream Co. until 2 p.m.
Adoptions end at 6:30 p.m. (shelter closes at 7 p.m.) Because this is a special event, CAT does not offer “24-hour holds” the day before or during Kitten Palooza. Unaltered cats and kittens who are available for adoption will not be ready to go home same-day (they must be spayed/neutered in order to go home). Pre-adoptions will be available for these cats and kittens.
For the most enjoyable experience, please schedule plenty of time and bring your patience — wait times and adoption process at this event can take more than an hour or longer. Thank you!
Before you attend, be sure to check out CAT’s adoption policies and fees.
"First Pick" Raffle
Enter for your chance to win first entry to Kitten Palooza — that means you’ll get your first pick of available kittens!
Five (5) randomly drawn winners will gain first visitor entrance into Kitten Palooza 2019 on June 22 at 9:45 a.m. Raffle tickets are $10 each; proceeds support CAT.
Raffle ticket sales have ended. Congratulations to our raffle winners — we’ll see you on Saturday! To see the official First Pick Raffle Rules, follow the link below.
Beat The Heat
With temperatures likely to be very warm, CAT wants to make sure you stay comfortable and have fun at Kitten Palooza. Here are some event details to help you plan:
- Bring your sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses! We’ll have free water and you can purchase ice cream treats to help you stay cool.
- Please do not bring any pets with you to the event! Absolutely no animals are to be left unattended in cars or outdoors at the event. Guests with unattended pets will be asked to leave and take their animals home. Pets are not allowed to accompany visitors into CAT’s shelter facility (exception for service animals only).
- Plan to take your newly adopted feline friend directly home after your adoption. CAT’s onsite retail store has the pet supplies you need at great prices, but if you plan to shop elsewhere, please make your purchases before coming to the event or drop your new kitty off at home first.
If there is a drastic change of weather, activities like vendor booths, games, and food may end early.