Kitten Palooza is the kitten adoption event of the year! And this year, join us online for fun activities and adoptions during Kitten Week from June 20-27.
As always, adoption applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. For this event, we will begin accepting applications at 10 a.m. on June 25.
CAT does not offer a waitlist or other types of holds for this event.
Please read this important info before the event:
Kitten Week: June 20-27, 2021
All the teeth of Shark Week, but with more fur and purrs. It’s time for… KITTEN WEEK!
That’s right! Cat Adoption Team is bringing you a full week of fun kitten-related activities during a virtual celebration of all things kitten.
KITTEN WEEK SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
• Sunday, June 20 — Behind-the-scenes video of a kitten’s arrival at CAT
• Monday, June 21 — Palooza Album goes live with photos and bios of adoptable kittens
• Tuesday, June 22 — #TriviaTuesday: play along all day for chances to win prizes!
• Wednesday, June 23 — Q&A: Submit kitten-related questions for Cat Nurse Carrie
• Thursday, June 24 — Learn how to make a DIY Catnip Toy
• Friday, June 25 — Kitten Palooza Adoption Event starts online at 10 AM
• Friday, June 25 — #FosterFriday: Meet some of CAT’s foster volunteers
• Saturday, June 26 — Q&A: Cat Nurse Carrie answers your questions
• Sunday, June 27 — Palooza Pickup Parade *parade cancelled due to weather*
We can’t wait to celebrate Kitten Week 2021 with you!
* Kitten Week activities are free to participate; if adopting a cat or kitten, adoption fees will apply
Palooza Pick-Up Parade details
CAT wants to make sure you stay comfortable and safe at the Palooza Pick-Up Parade on Sunday, June 27. Due to extreme heat, we have cancelled parade activities but you will still have a drive-up pickup appointment. Here are some event details to help you plan:
- Prepare for physical distancing. We ask that everyone remain in the vehicle, except when directly picking up your kitten and related items. We require that all parties in your vehicle wear a mask (covering nose & mouth) while interacting with CAT staff and volunteers (regardless of vaccine status). Thanks for understanding!
- Please do not bring any pets with you to the event. Your new kitty may already be feeling stressed by travel, and the smell and movement of another animal in the car will increase that stress. Additionally, newly adopted animals should be kept separate from your resident pets for at least 10 days.
- Plan to take your newly adopted feline friend directly home after your pick-up appointment. To keep kitty safe and healthy, please drop your new pet off at home before making any other stops. You should never leave a pet in a car unattended, especially in warm weather.
- Pick-up by appointment only. To help things run smoothly and ensure your kitty is ready for pick-up, please only come to the parade during your scheduled pick-up time. The Pick-Up Parade is open to Kitten Palooza adopters only (other vehicles will be turned away).
If there is a drastic change of weather, parade activities (other than pick-up appointments) may be cancelled, start late, or end early.