Cat Adoption Fees
Cat Adoption Team is a private, nonprofit organization that relies on individual donations, grants, and our own fundraising to operate. Adoption fees help offset some of the costs associated with providing for the cats and kittens in our care—this includes housing, food/litter, medical care, enrichment, behavior modification, and more.
CAT uses variable adoption pricing. The adoption fee for each cat is dependent on many factors including age, behavior, medical condition, and demand.
- Adoption fees range from $110 to $225 for cats (1-7 years old)
- The adoption fee is $225 for kittens (2-11 months old)
- Adoption fees are waived for cats age 8 years and older, thanks to the Aleece Runge Fund for Senior Cats
The adoption fee for each cat is included in their pet bio. You can view the adoption fee for a specific cat by clicking on their photo on our website.
Included in the Adoption Fee
- Spay or neuter surgery with post-op pain medication
- Medical examination
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Flea treatment and deworming
- Microchip and registration fee
- Any additional treatment needed while in our care
- Post-adoption medical exam fee from a participating veterinary clinic
- Sample bag of Purina Pro Plan food
- Cat/Kitten Care Handbook and post-adoption support
Yes! We offer two regular adoption discounts:
- $20 off your total adoption fee when you adopt any two cats/kittens at the same time
- 20% off regular adoption fee for any cat age 1 year and older when adopter is age 62 or older
CAT participates in various adoption promotions throughout the year. Adoption fees may be reduced during these events. Visit our event calendar to see upcoming events and details.
Please note: Our $20 off or 20% off discounts cannot be combined with other offers or coupons.
Although we believe that all cats are equally wonderful and deserving, we also know that some cats will be adopted more quickly than others. We tend to assign higher adoption fees for kittens and purebred cats. Having a variable fee allows these cats who are adopted quickly to provide a financial legacy to cats with special needs and/or who may remain at the shelter longer.
Because there is no time limit on how long an animal can stay in our adoption program, assigning higher fees to those cats who have a higher chance of getting adopted quickly also allows us to reduce the adoption fees for those animals who might spend more time in the shelter.
Regardless of where our adoption fees are set, they cover only a fraction the costs of caring for the cats who come through our program. We rely on donations and on sales in our shelter retail area and our thrift store to help us save lives. If you can make a donation in addition to your adoption fee, please consider this lifesaving gift! Your support means a lot to all the cats and people at CAT. Thank you!